Thursday 2 June 2016

Short Scribble 12: Two Variants

  • There will come a time when you will decide for me, his father had told him. Fifty years later, he remembered those very words, clutching his unconscious father's hand as he signed the form, requesting the hospital to remove the life support. "Had I known that it would come to this, I would've never wanted it," he whispered to himself, a tear trickling down his cheek.

  • "Why did God choose for me?", she had asked a clergyman years ago. "I would've preferred something else, he should've asked me." And now, she requested the doctors to remove her husband's life support. Meeting her expenses was more important than keeping a paralysed man alive. Coming out, she announced to the rest of the family, "If it is God's will, so be it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Scribble 32

If there's a God, why does he enjoy placing a like in my soul and watching it play out